Friday 28 August 2009

Birthday Card on a mission


How to create a totally unique card with non of your own ideas but with your own ideas if you get my drift.

This card came from my need to be totally unique and to be capable of entering a challenge or two or more.

So I have attempted to enter
The Copics Challenge - E47, BG23 and R85,
Whiff of Joy Challenge - A Whiff of Joy Stamp and "Bling"
Colour Create Challenge - Ruby, Cream and Gold

I have created a birthday card for a work colleague . The base card is cream and layered with gold and the ruby marble effect paper out of one of my stacks. The paper under the ribbon is from some left overs from a previous creation. The cream lace added for more depth. The image is Whiff of Joy "Willow with Flowers" coloured in with the Copics E47, BG23 and R85 with a few others and highlighted with the cosmic shimmer. The flowers are sweet pea flower soft. The "bling" is covered in the crystal swirls and the crystal & ruby flower centres. The sentiment stamped from a kit which I thought I would never use from studio24. The inside picks up the similar design.

Blimey not only did it keep me busy in creating the card but in writing this too.

Well tomorrow I am off to Sue's for another inspiring session, can't wait to see everyone again.

Thanks for looking
Kate x

6 comments:

sam21ski said...

Blimey Kate, you're shading is really coming on, it looks fab - mind you with a full set of them you don't really have an excuse do you - lol

Enjoy your day tomorrow, say hi to Sue for me xxxxxx

Stressed Stamper said...

Great card - love the image. Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge
Sarah

Janiel/ janny said...

What a Bearutiful card!!! I love the design of it! The gold background that you have done really makes the image pop!
Thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
hugs, janny

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ooooh! LOVE the trail of bling! Your flowers are so gorgeous and the image is really pretty. Thank you for sharing your card with us. Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
Sharon xx

Alison said...

Lovely card- I especially like the design of your layers on the inside- very striking.

Deanne said...

This is just beautiful Kate! I love the swirl of gems!

Great Job with the Colour Create colours!

xx-Deanne

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10