Saturday 30 October 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge DT Creation

Good morning to you all in the land of blog

I just have to say I still cannot believe I am going to say this

Today sees the new challenge at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and the theme this week chosen by the very talented Wendy is

Anything that Flies

We have a fab sponsor for this month. SOME ODD GIRL have very generously offered a prize of $9 voucher for digi's of the winner's choice.
All of the Design Team Members were asked to use images from the sponsor this week, however at the time as I was only a Guest Designer I did not have too, so I had to think and search all of my images to find something that I felt would present this theme well for them.  I eventually settled with this Whiff of Joy image, she is an oldy but a goody and is taller than most of my stamps so fitted for what I wanted to create.

I had bought a tall white candle and felt that I just needed to decorate it.  So here is what I did with it
I think you would call this a 3 Dimensional photograph, trying to show the top and the front of the candle.  I stamped the black stazone onto tissue paper and then cut out the image with a little bit of clear around the stamp.  I then turned the image over as copics and stazone do not really work well together, but by turning it over the black ink does not seem to smudge.  I then coloured her in and added glitter sakuro to her wings.  Once fully coloured I placed her on the candle and covered in greaseproof paper before heating it till the image looks wet, removing the grease proof to leave the image nicely placed.  I used the same process for the other sentiments.  The velvet ribbon around the top is from Running with Scissors, although I did see it again at the Doncaster Dome whilst shopping on Sunday.   
I added stickles to the swirls and also liquid pearls, these and the copics all of which can be purchased at the Secret Crafter shop here

I was not sure what other challenges that this might fit into but I found the following

Crafts and Me - A Christmas Gift
Fab N Funky - Clean and Simple
Now don't forget to pop over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge to see what all my other teamies (see still love saying it) have created.

Thank you to all my lovely visitors that leave me such wonderful comments

Enjoy your weekend

Hugs Kate xx

14 comments:

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous candle hun. x

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate this looks absolutely fab.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend xxx

Tammy said...

So pretty and the candle would make a perfect gift. Love the image.

Helen said...

This is beautiful!
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous candle. I love making these.

Hugs Jane x

Lindsey said...

Wow! What a beautiful candle! I've never made one yet but you have inspired me so you never know, watch this space!
Linds x

Mel X said...

Hiya Kate, OMG this is stunning!! I have a stack of candles with the intention of doing this to them (I've had them and the intention 2yrs now rofl) I really should pull my finger out! Gorgeous image and and colour. Love the edging detail and script.

I just checked out your profile - hunny we're almost neighbours!!! I love bout 10 minutes west of the Humber Bridge - on the north of the river!! Maybe we could meet up sometime - I often pop across to the south bank!

Mel X

Love crafts forever said...

This is very, very beautiful. I love this image, just stunning. Hugs, Nat

Mandy said...

Kate your candle is stunning hunny, so elegant and beautiful.
I stocked up on my candles last week as I've had some Christmas orders, can't wait until I've time to play :)
hugs Mandy xx

KarenB said...

This looks amazing Kate, thanks for explaining how you did it too :)

Danielle said...

Oh wow Kate - this is fabulous! I've never tried stamping on a candle but you've made me want to try it! What a beautiful gift this would make - stunning!
Have a Happy Halloween!
Hugs, Danielle

Donna said...

Wow Kate, your candle is stunning and I love the beautiful image and fab lettering...such a beautiful gift :) Donna x

Sue said...

Hi ya hunnie bun
did ya miss me?? if not why not? lol
totally stunning, luv the candle, mine always turn out crap, this is beautiful, sue,x

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate this candle is stunning!
Hugs Lynsey x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10