Saturday 27 August 2011

The Night Sky and a little Faerie Magic

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say that the shopping got done just in time this morning, we just got back in the door when the heavens opened, it came down that fast that the road flooded within minutes, followed by the thunder and lighting. Although it was nice to sit and play in the Beach Hut and create, knowing I was warm and dry.

So what have I been playing with? I have sort of found some new images that I adore and have already created one card using them, well a short while ago The Emerald Faerie Garden Shop released another oh so fabulous image that I just had to have a play with it.  She is called Isabella and can be purchased here as a digi.  I also used some of the sentiments this one is from the Faerie Drop Sentiments digi set.  Do pop and take a peek in the shop there are some gorgeous images and so much more, a real treat :)


I have been playing with my graphics package so I have merged three images into one and erased some areas to meet my requirements, love doing this, it means I get exactly what I want at the size I want.  Now I did print this one out twice, so I could airbrush some background.

A couple of nights ago, Matt and I were watching the sky whilst grabbing some fresh air with our coffee's.  The sky was pale blue, but with the most amazing pink clouds, it was oh so pretty and I just had to try airbrush the vision and it just seemed to fit this image perfectly.

so with out further a do and more of my awful waffling here is what I created. 
This is an 8" Square or as I like to call it a Grand card.  The base layer and contrast colour is black.  The top papers are from the Papermania Capsule Mono collection the pink one.  I have used the MS heart edge punch to create a base for some lovely frilly lace from Grimsby Crafts and then added the black ribbon and created another double bow on my bow maker to add to the centre.  The pearls are from the Hobby House, although you will not find them in these colours, as these have been air brushed using BG01.  The flowers are all Wild Orchid and all of these were purchased in white and have been airbrushed with V01.  The leaves are nestie dies.  The image plate circle has been presented on a Marianne die and the circle itself is the smaller of the grand nestie circles.  All paper edges have been distressed with scissors and then diamond stickles added.  Stickles has also been added to the flowers, well it is a magical scene so needed it.

I hope you can see the air brushed blue and pink sky which, in real life, looks so pretty, will definitely be doing this again.

I would like to welcome all my new followers and wish you all well in the 300 follower candy.   For those of you that have not yet entered the 300 follower candy you can do so here, thank you to Feline for now advertising my candy too. 

Totally awesome I cannot believe I am at 459 followers, you guys are all amazing thank you, 202 entrants and slowly getting to the 300 entrant mark................but still need another 98 entrants, so if you are already follow me please don't forget to put your name in the hat :)

As always and very importantly I would like to say thank you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave such inspirational comments on my blog, allowing me to hop back over to see your own beautiful work. THANK YOU!! ............. the catch up is going well, and I am sure that over the weekend, I will get around to all your wonderful blogs........

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Cuddly Buddly - Say Something Nice
Jellypark - punches/ die cuts
Sew Many Cards - Use an Edge punch
Charisma Cardz - glitter it
Make it Colourful - Sunsets with Clouds

right must go make some food, think hot garlic pork supremes, with steamed new potatoes and a leafy salad is what I fancy, followed by some vanilla ice cream with mini marshmallows and strawberry syrup,  so off to create in a different way

enjoy your evening 
Hugs
Kate
xx


19 comments:

sam21ski said...

Hmmm yes. It didn't half rain didn't it. Fraz and I were sheltering under a tree - lol.

As ever a lovely creation.

Enjoy the weekend - Sam xxx

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card great image and great all round card:) Sandra H

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous card kate, beautiful made.

greetings karin

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. This sky is amazing, it sounds real and magic at the same time and the little fairy is so lovely! I should have a go to EFG images. Hugs, Miria

Carol said...

We've managed to avoid the rain here today thank goodness! Your card is gorgeous Kate and your airbrushed sky looks fab. Carol x

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is beautiful Kate, I adore this little fairy and the sky you've created is just gorgeous too :)
Kelly.x

Natali said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Sky look fantastic!! Black and pink one of my favorite combination of colour.. Love it!!!
Hugs,Natali

Theresa said...

This is just lovely Kate. Love that black bow and the hearts that are peaking out. Lovely!!

coops said...

beautiful card kete.the image is gorgeous and i love the sky and pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
glad you manage to dodge the rain, cloudy n chilly here now, totally gorgeous card, luv you sky, beautiful papers & embelies, sue,x

ahlers5 said...

Just lovely! Love your flower arrangement. Perfect. Thanks for joining us at Jellypark.
Diane

Nannieflash said...

What a gorgeous image and beautiful papers. Thanks for joining us at Cuddly Buddly, good luck with the challenge and I hope that you will join us again in our next challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Curly said...

OMG your airbrushing is fabulous as is your colouring, and I love the new Faerie too, she is a little stunner.
Have a fabulous Bank Holiday Weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Ciska said...

Such a romantic card Kate, I LOVE the brown ribbon. Thanks for playing along at Card Makin' Mamas!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining Cuddly Buddly this week.....

Hugs
Judtíth

Clare Brown said...

such a lovely card, goodluck at charisma this week.You can also enter sarah hurley challenges.

clare x

Jennifer Scull said...

what a sweet sweet card! thanks for playing along in our die cuts/punches challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

Amanda xx said...

Oh this is soooo gorgeous Kate xxxx Amanda

Gram's Treasures said...

Nice work with the airbrush...really adds to make the scene. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Charisma.
Joyce xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10