Saturday 17 September 2011

Copic Airbrushing CAS for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge

Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Today see's the next challenge at the


with the very talented Helen, choosing the theme of

"One Layer Card"

oh boy I just knew I would struggle with this one, as if you follow me regularly you will have noticed that clean and simple and me just do  not go together, but we try to meet in the middle.  So as I have been trying out my "sunset" airbrushing, I thought that I would put this to use on this little number, see what you think?
I as required use one piece of card and made a 5" square.  I took the smaller of the grand nestie circles and using a scrap piece of paper cut out an aperture.  I then placed this apertured sheet over my blank white card, and secured it to the cutting matt.  I then selected my airbrush colours and tried them out on rough paper, before the wafting them slowly over the aperture, blending slowly down to the very lightest colour.  Before removing the "mask" I then took one of my silhouette clear stamps and some black stazone and stamped an image over the aperture.  After removing the "mask" I then stamped the My Sentiments Exactly sentiment to the bottom right.  VoilĂ  :)


I would like to welcome all my new followers and wish you all well in the 400 follower candy.   For those of you that have not yet entered the 400 follower candy you can do so here

Totally awesome, you guys are amazing................thank you so much :) 504 followers, if you are already follow me please don't forget to put your name in the hat :) as not many have entered so far, and would not want you to miss out.  Just for those who have noticed, yes I am now preparing for my 500 candy too :)


As always and very importantly I would like to say thank you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave such inspirational comments on my blog, allowing me to hop back over to see your own beautiful work. THANK YOU!! 

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Freshly Brewed - Use Something New
Crafty Purple Frog - Fall into Autumn
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes
Digi Doodles - Autumn Colours
The Rubber Cafe - Fabulous Fall
Shelley's Images - Anything Goes
I Brake for Challenges - Backgrounds
Mark's Finest Papers - 1 layer card

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Hugs Kate 
xxx

21 comments:

Carol said...

You've made a wonderful job of this Kate even it CAS is not your thing. Carol x

Karen said...

Oooh wow Kate, this is Fab. I just love Dandelions, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Kate, I think you've cracked the CAS style :)
Sorry I've been such a bad blogger and not been over for a while, I'm popping home to change your piccy and then I'll baack with a cup of coffee for a catch up :)
hugs Mandy xx

The Crafty Elf said...

Wow! Very nice! This technique would scare me too. Have not tried airbrushing yet. I'll have to add that to the list of things to do! Your card has inspired me.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow kate this is gorgeous.
love the bright background.

greetings karin

Helen said...

Lol...I know CAS isn't your 'thing', but you've done a great job - the sunset looks fabulous!
Helen x

Wendy said...

Beautiful CAS card Kate,fab colours.
Wendy xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous - love the airbrushing

Hugs Jane x

Unknown said...

Your clean and simple card is totally stunning - colours are gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful sunset behind the bold image.

coops said...

stunning card kate.i love the cas design and gorgeous airbrushing :D

xx coops xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Kate, you so good with the airbrushing.
Kevin xx

KarenB said...

Oh wow Kate, the airbrushing is brilliant, and I think you achieved the CAS look too :)

Tyggereye said...

I've never down airbrushing before. This is gorgeous. Great card.

sam21ski said...

Oh nice one Kate, it came out really well

Sam xxx

Curly said...

Wow I love your card Kate and fabulous spraying, I love the colour theme looks like sunrise,

have a lovely week,
Hugs Bridget :0) x
PS I'm not sure if you are aware but there are advertising pop ups linked to your comment button.

Mina said...

wow Kate this is stunning...I love the colours you chose they work so well
Mina xxx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love this Spraying it's a beautiful creation, it was lovely to see you & meet your new crafter too, wasn't it a good mix?. did I say this card is just too stunning. Janet

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, love the autumn colours. Thanks for joining in the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge. hugs Donna x

Diamond Doll said...

Fabulous CAS card Kate and love the airbrushing.Thanx for joining us for our second challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Christina Hicks said...

i had to come over when I saw this card on Saturday challenges, its gorgeous and i wish I had the air brush stuff to try this myself, all I can say is WOW!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10