Monday 8 October 2012

ATC Turnabout with the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge DT

Good morning to you all in the land of blog, 
Today sees the next challenge at the 


where the theme has been chosen by the very talented Stacy, she chose

ATC Turnabout
Take your ATC and turn it into a card creation

We have two fabulous sponsors this time around which you would not want to miss, 

a $25 Gift Cert to Simon Says Stamp

and 

a $10 Gift Cert to Sweet Stamp Store

So here is my design team inspirational piece, but don't forget to hop on over to the main challenge site to see the rest of the gorgeous creations by the team .
Now I have never in my life made an ATC, so I called in the expertise of a talented local crafter and a good friend, thanks Sam :)

I created my little ATC and then created the card around it.
I made a New Baby Card, now the blue green representing what I call a mint green card.  This is the colour I knitted with along with cream and peach when I was expecting my first child.  In those days they could not predict the colour, so this was what they called an either or colour choice.

The base colour and contrast is the mint green.  With papers and lace along with the die cut leaves from Grimsby Crafts.  The double layered MS heart punch with Hobby House mint green pearls. The Ribbon and bow from stash.  The floral array all bar one flower are available in ivory from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I have airbrushed these in BG32, just a light dusting along with some icicles stickles.

The image is coloured in copics and is called "Baby Shoes"  This image can be purchased here at the Simon Says Stamp on line store. The image plate has been airbrushed in the BG32 also and a fine sprinkle of the tiny pearls from the Hobby House added.
Can you see the escaped one lol xx (must move it, one pinged out whilst laying them and for the life of me could not see it, yet when you have photographed it, well all becomes so much clearer!! )

Well what are you waiting for - off you squeak and get creating and enter this super challenge, will see you over there!!!!!

I would like to thank all of my wonderful visitors and followers for the lovely and inspirational comments you leave, which allows me to hop on over in return to see your own lovely work.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenge
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Lots of Ribbon
hugs

xx

35 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Awww. Super-sweet card Kate. Love the image and gorgeous colours.
Hugs
Caz x

scrappymo! said...

I just staggered over to view some blogs and catch on my blog world friends...It is not quite 4 am here in the Vancouver area so I do mean stagger! Still walking very gingerly and sometimes look like I am lurching (bad, bad, bad me!!!) most glad to collapse into my scrapbook room chair.

Wow, slwwping in 3 hour snatches is going to have me caught up in no time!

I am from the era where minty green and opeach were what you knit for new arrivals. Everyone I knew had one or two of those!!! This card is very vintage looking due to that favt!

I love the ATC and you did a beautiful job making it into a card.

Giggled at the errant peark...I had one of those myself a few weeks ago. You are so right...looking through the camera's eyews always finds them!

Gorgeous card!

rachel said...

super cute Kate and I adote those colours xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is adorable Kate, absolutely love the colour you've used and the way you've coloured you sweet little image

jacqui x

Unknown said...

Good morning Kate!
I just love House Mouse and when I saw your post, I thought, "Oh my goodness, I've never made an ATC!" Thank you so much for posting this so I'll know what to do.
Your "ATC" card is so lovely! The soft colors are perfect!
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Cissy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Love the pretty color you used.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the cute image and such a lovely colour scheme. Beautiful detailing too.

hugs Sue

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
Oh WOW, super gorgeous card! What an unusual colour as well! Love all your fantastic elements you used to create this beauty. Love the image as well.
Michaela and DP xx

Sonia said...

Wonderful card dearest friend^_^
beautiful colors,diecuts and sweet image^_^
Brilliant^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Whisper said...

Such a sweetie and a gorgeous colour too, Luv Sam x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image,and fab design.xxx

Sandra H said...

Kate, Your card and image is absolutely stunning greatly coloured and beautiful layout xx

Carole said...

Congrats Kate, I'm so happy for you. Love the card and the bootie image ...adorable! Carole xox

Dawn said...

Stunning card! Your ATC turned out beautiful! That little image is so precious and I love it done up in baby neautrals. Your card really is a feast for the eyes - there are so many details and each one is just gorgeous.

Hugs, Dawn

KarinsArtScrap said...

so cute and so beautiful Kate,

greetings karin

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the ATC in the middle and the colours are gorgeous x Susan x

Lisa Jane said...

awww its so cute and a gorgeous colour
Lisa x

Pia S said...

This is sweet as can be and I love your choice of color! You've got so many pretty elements on this card, including a really cute image - you've really got an eye for details.

Sue said...

Beautiful baby card, and love your first ever ATC! Beautiful florals and matching ribbon, really set it off.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. The house mice look so sweet! Love the colours and design too.
Lorraine x

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Kate, a brilliant design and such a scrumptious colour.
I love the sweet image and beautiful details.

hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

Fandabidosy card Kate (can't quite believe I just said that but think it's a reaction to your gorgeous card!) Love the image and whilst the colours you've used are a little unusual I'm actually really liking it......wonderful ATC - can't believe it's your first. That pesky pearl...if only it had "pinged" slightly further it would have landed beautifully at the end of the shoelace - heyho these thing happen!

Hugs.

Karen xxx

Dorte said...

Oh Kate, you have added so many beautiful details to your wonderful card. Lovely image and colours.
hugs Dorte

coops said...

so gorgeous kate.fab sweet image and i really love your colours :D

xx coops xx

Joey said...

Kate this is gorgeous, love your soft mint colours and fab layout. Joey x

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, these colors are wonderful. Very beautiful baby card.

Lorraine A said...

aww this is just so adorable :-) I love the image ,, on my 'to get' list and the colours and details are all so very pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another awesome creation sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow such pure sweetness Kate!! LOVE your gorgeous design and colors!! Such a sweet image of course!! :)

Tracy said...

Hi Kate,
This is gorgeous, I love your image and the design is fabulous.
Happy crafting
Mousey Hugs
Tracy x

Kruemel said...

What a beautiful card full of great details! Love it!

Thanks for joining us at CCT this week!

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

Regards Malin

Christine said...

Aw Kate this is just breathtaking love the beautiful soft colour fab design & punch work..

smiles Christine x

Kylie said...

So cute!
Thanks for playing at WOC this fortnight.
Hugs Kylie x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10